Today I was picked up by Jeff Leahy and John Bennett (Ripperologist) to go and recci the Chatham Dockyards.
It was really fascinating. I love the dockyards but I got to see a lot more of it than ever before and because we were a "film crew" we got in for free and taken around by a lovely chappy called Bill. He showed us all the nooks and crannys which could serve as potential victorian locations. There are fantastic buildings around there and it really became clear how the production could look.
We got to go to the parts of the buildings that are usually cordoned off with ropes and signs saying "no public access". You can do so much in that place.
It was also super interesting to see how a real Producer visualizes and creates scenes and sets in locations that you might not even notice.
We also discovered that there are offices to rent at the dockyards so we will have a production office on site.
There are some AMAZING houses by the dockyards. I want.
After an ice cream we then Recci'd the Style and Winch pub. It will be gutted and re-styled to our Victorian purposes.
Then it was back to Jeff's home to familiarize myself with the script and I assissted John writing the location part of the shooting script.
Exciting stuff. Next meeting is a script meeting on Thursday!
Sounds so cool =].... Hope your cat allergy didn't cause you too many probs =\
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are enjoying this - big thumbs up! xoxox
Great stuff! Glad to see you spending the summer wisely!
ReplyDelete