My latest viewings.
Get Him to the Greek.
This film lived up to expectations. It was hilarious. Sometimes the humour was disgusting but it still made me laugh. Incredibly random but Jonah Hill was brilliant. I would like to see it again. I would say the humour was... young, so it's hard to say whether it would appeal to a vast audience. I have heard that people have complained about explicit-ness. But what do you expect in a film starring Russell Brand?
Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Swedish)
Upon sadly finishing the Millenium trilogy (despite trying to drag out the last chapter as much as possible) I had to have more, so I sought out the swedish film of the first book. It was much like the book but with massive gaps. The thing about these books, is the main character has to be casted correctly. Listbeth Salander is the core of the book. There is leeway on the other characters but she has to be right. The actress cast in the swedish film fitted facially but her body was that of a butch man. And she is meant to look like a 12 year old and be very small. So on that note I wasn't happy. Stylistically, I quite liked the film but it disregarded very important parts of the books. I think my judgment is slightly clouded by the love of the books, I was just happy to prolong exposure to the world of Listbeth Salandar.
I watched the dubbed version and then watched bits back in swedish. What a fantastic language. I knew it was weird but it's just amazing. I could listen to it all day!
I am in GREAT anticipation for the American films but truly disgusted by the actresses that have been considered for the role. None of which I feel are adequate. Carey Mulligan? NO. Anne Hathaway? COME ON! However, I have read that Yo-lindi from a South African Rap group has been consider and she looks perfect for the role. I personally think that this role requires a fresh face and not some A- list actor. I hope David Fincher makes the right choice.
The Runaways
I have been waiting for this film. Starring Kristen Stewart as Joan Jett and Dakota Fanning as Cherie Currie I was intrigued to see them both in unusual roles. I thought Kristen made an excellent Joan Jett. She has attitude. Dakota shined in some aspects but she looks the same has she always has so it's hard not to see her as a child.
The film itself was enjoyable. A fairly basic telling of the story but enjoyable to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment