For those of you are very excited about Super 8, as I was, your excitement will be rewarded! I saw it last week here in Hong Kong and it is very good indeed. The child cast are superb as you would expect from Stephen Spielberg and J.J. Abrams sparks his flare throughout. I shall be seeing it again when it comes out in England!... I just saw that IMDb says it doesn't come out til August! =O Aren't I lucky?
While I am here I have also watched The Tourist and Just Go With It- Both better than I thought they would be. Sunshine Cleaning- which was a nice film. I Am Number Four- which was better than I thought but I don't think I will ever like Alex Pettyfer after meeting him. I have also rewatched Monsters (beautiful direction, cinematography and story) and Sorcerers Apprentice. So in case any of you are feeling a little bit bored over the summer you could expand your film education.
I have also expanded my Doctor Who education. I went from "No I won't watch it, it's stupid" to now being a bit addicted.
So I have bagged a days work experience on a BBC recon production on the 22nd of July through a Jack the Ripper contact. It looks like a couple of other people I worked with on Jack the Ripper with be there too according to facebook so I hope it will be a fun days work! I will also mention my need for work experience next term and see what happens. On the work experience front I have been taking note of production companies listed at the end of everything I watch and once my CV is done and dusted I will be whizzing it around!
Happy Summer everybody!
great stuff cat. bring me back some hong kong rock. i've been kite surfing! yeah! :)
ReplyDeletei know this post was ages ago - but i finally saw Super8 last night. Brilliant. Great clear story-telling from the first moment. Didn't totally like the ending, but I still found myself carried away by it :)
ReplyDelete