What I really want to do for my series is a how to guide. I am not 100% sure what kind of how to I want to do but on Friday the brainstorming was focussed on cooking and I really like all the ideas that came from it. I will upload more on that later.
My inspiration is charlieissocoollike. His videos are witty, informative, fun and interesting and he is a vlogger. Not just any vlogger though, he started by making videos about "How to be English" and was a hit with America. Since then he has been on Doctor Who Confidential, he got Stephen Fry to narrate his closing titles on his videos, he has a successful band called the Chameleon Circuit, those of you who are Doctor Who fans can probably guess that all the songs are about Doctor Who just from the name. They are really clever though.
Anyway, he is my main inspiration for this unit because the current style of his videos is so slick and he combines clever editing with animations and graphics to create interesting videos. He is also an online success which is key for this unit being that it's meant to be online, watchable and downloadable. I also love the humour, it is exactly my sense of humour. He has touched upon how to in the past:
He uses alot of match-on-action (I don't know if I can use that term to describe how he jumps up into another room or turns his head into another scene but it seems right).
He has also started doing Fun Science where he basically just talks about certain topics. Below is his video on sound. (He doesn't always sing his videos). I love his use of animation and would definitely like to include animations and graphics in my series.
So yeah, check him out, charlieissocoollike, on youtube. He is my main inspiration.
I like this as a source of inspiration - works online etc. Also the jump technique is known as JUMP CUTTING - basically making edits without covering them with cutaways. Make sure you follow your own ideas which we discussed - be original and it will work well!
ReplyDeleteOh I thought jump cutting was when it didn't match, like when he is sitting in his chair and is on the right side of the screen, then is suddenly on the left.
ReplyDelete