Monday, 10 September 2012
3rd year: 1st blog update.
I came back to uni with the idea to create a campaign kind of thing to do with what is in people's food. The idea was to educate people about what they are eating so that they can make more informed and healthier choices when it comes to buying food.
Below is a document of some notes I put together.
However, after talking it through last week, I am feeling unenthusiastic about this idea and want to make something else. I feel that I have more freedom than I initially thought and I think it might end up being a bit too much like Noodles. I really want to make something artistic and experimental and try new things with cameras, lighting and direction. And eventually in the final edit.
With this in mind I don't want to make something factual but I don't have any ideas for anything else right now, though I am constantly trying to think of something. I really want to enjoy this unit and I don't want to make something just for the sake of having an idea.
I have however, decided I want to focus on the Camera/Director/Cinematographer roles for this semester as they give me the artistic license to do what I want to do. I know they are all large roles but I feel that the nature of our course and our projects, having small crews etc, these roles will probably be combined anyway. This will allow me research new ways of filming and lighting shots and I can research different shot's that I want to try. And I can get to grips with the cameras a bit better to learn more about them!
Regarding ideas, I am trying to think of something relatively simple... Like a mood piece, an advert, a drama, a horror... However with the latter two I am not sure I could come up with a decent enough idea so would prefer someone else to write it for me. I will keep thinking. I have been talking to a lot of different people about this so hopefully the ideas will start flowing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment