Wednesday, 19 September 2012

FMP: My Project, further brainstorming.

What am I doing?

5 x 1 min x4

Theme of death?

Death of a human

Murder

Afterlife

Death of a pet

Death of a plant.


Scenes:

Brushing teeth

Taking a phone call

In the car

WAking up

Meeting a lover

Returning home

Being followed

Avoiding an intruder


Could I create sympathy or evoke emotion for something in human as if it was a human.

The egg story? Fridge Contents?


I Have been reading a book called The Art of Technique: An Aesthetic Approach to Film and Video Production

It's been helping me think a bit broader and think of things that are conventionally done in film.

Stage a period event in a different era

Displacement

Juxtaposition Person/ Object completely juxtaposed from the setting.

Contrast To make a point: I.e In witness where the Amish carriage holds up a massive modern truck in the road

Get the audience to think about or experience something in a new way.

Impart qualities not commonly associated with a subject.

Washing dishes as a visual metaphor:

How would you shoot dishes if tey were being washed by an arguing couple.

Or a couple who just met and are strongly attracted to each other.

Treatment gives meaning to action

Background props etc express theme or content.

Anger- framed by sharp edges, hard, sharp, angular surroundings.

Colours, express the emotion of the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment