Sunday, 11 November 2012

The Crossing- Shoot Day 1

Casey and I were pretty nervous about today and neither of us slept very well. I knew Casey had done impecible planning though so wasn't worried. Just nervous, being camera op and having done so badly with Supersede I felt pressure and worried knowing I was responsible for how this looks. However, our shot list was very helpful and we actually found that we didn't need to do as many shots as we planned.

When everyone started arriving it was a bit scary because there were a lot of people but once we started it went very smoothly.

The kids were fantastic and did all the right things so we didn't have to do loads of takes. Sharon and Colin were fab as well and we got everything done so quickly.

The characters all gelled really well.

It was very sunny when we went to shoot the days outdoors scenes which was difficult with light/ shade and exposure but also very pretty. The main issue was our shadows which made a couple of shots impossible. And I was having difficulty seeing the monitor in the blaring sun. However, Casey looked through everything (as we finished super early we thought we had better look through the footage before letting everyone leave so Hennie made everyone tea and we had a break) and she was happy with it all!

Hennie and Maddie were there to help which was so great. It is much easier having someone around to do sound and Hennie was able to see the monitor at times and was an excellent continuity supervisor seeing things that I didn't.

Doing these projects really enlightens you to the need of role specific crew members because it really does make everything much easier.

Once we knew we had everything we sent the kids home and shot the bedroom scene with Colin and Sharon. We didn't have everything we needed for other scenes so it was the only logical scene to do with our extra time.

We finished 3 hours early and these scenes were the most complicated so we might not need the three days with Colin and Sharon, and it's good to know that we at least won't run out of time.


Overall, a fantastic days shooting and I can't wait to see everything come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment