Today we went to Tunbridge Wells to see the lunch time South East Today broadcast. It was so cool! It was really amazing to see the newsroom where everyone worked as a team to make it happen.
Phil the director showed us around and said their little studio wasn't much and not ideal but I thought it was AWESOME. I loved how it was off the back of the newsroom and you can see the newsroom behind the newsreader on the broadcast. I loved that it was just set up in the back of an office but was fully functional and looked really good!
I also loved how we saw the newsreader editing the headlines before she went on and she discussed changes to script and content with the producer via the talk back when was on set.
Today was a great example for my essay because they almost has to use a standby story when an internet feed from a journalist almost didn't make it in time to air.
Phil explained a lot about how new technologies and methods are effecting the way in which television works such as analog v digital. How they lose libraries of rushes because they are so easy to delete when not needed anymore nad with journalists recording and editing away from the studio on their laptops, the production team often don't see any rushes.
He also explained that the journalists use the internet to feed their VT's over to the studio but because internet connections can waver, sometimes things don't make it or slow right down and cut it really close to going live.
The atmosphere in the gallery was nice and relaxed and they were all friendly and calm.
I would love to go back for work experience as it's a great atmosphere.
Overall, apart from some exasperating rudeness, it was a great day and I really enjoyed the experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment