Tuesday, 22 November 2011

Major Project: Day 4 in the Studio

Today we could really get into the fun stuff! We had gotten a bit exhausted of just filming piece to camera shots, especially as it had taken longer than we had hoped. So we got stuck in to filming all our action shots.

Every now and then I felt like I had lost my creativity. And as I was shooting or planning shots with Casey I felt like we could be much more creative and make our shots more exciting but my brain couldn't come up with anything better. So I hope I don't look at the footage and feel that it could have been better. I still think it looks great! I feel like we have been very professional but maybe that need to be professional stinted our creativity? We shall see.

The fourth day went well. We got quite a lot done. We also brought in some people to film some extra scenes, which I definitely felt didn't go as well as I imagined (don't know about Casey). We weren't able to round up as many people as we though. Which did end up being enough actually. But for me, the pressure of not wanting to keep them too long made it feel like we couldn't be as creative. I also always feel strange being directive with my peers. One of the guys kept laughing and joking about it which made it feel a bit awkward. The stop frame of them appearing as the strangers you are going to live with was good. It would have been better with more people but because we had it lit for my brother's piece to cams the lighting would have been off. We were able to place the people in good lighting instead of having to re light it.

Today we used a dolly for the first time! I tell you what, it's not as easy as it looks! We kept kicking the dolly when walking with it and had difficulty tilting and moving it. We got the shot though, not as good as it would have been with practice but we will be using it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment