Monday, 5 December 2011

Major Project: After Effects ARGH

So we really wanted to animate our text in after effects to give it that edge and I have been trying relentlessly to get it to work. We need to animate the text and then export it from after effects as just text with a transparent background so that we can then put it in final cut and layer it over our footage. I have done tutorials and asked people but no matter what I do I can't get it to work.

The only way I have been able to do it is by importing the video clip into after effects and putting the text on that way, the problem with that is when you export it again, there's no sound and there's slight loss of quality.

So we have decided to give up on After Effects as there just isn't time to mess around with it.

Here's an attempt (only the first 5 secs, accidentally forgot to cut my timeline down so there's 25 secs of black)

1 comment:

  1. you can always email Lydia Hibbert for help... I'm sorry I can't help you technically with After Effects.

    ReplyDelete